Download Notepad++

By Unknown on 2.01.2010

Notepad++ release Note :

What is Notepad++?

Notepad++ is a generic source editor (it tries to be anyway) and Notepad replacement written in C++ with the win32 API. The aim of Notepad++ is to offer a slim and efficient binary with a totally customizable GUI. This project is under the GPL Licence (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html).

Why another source editor?

I worked for a big smart card company as an engineer developer. On 2003, I took charge of looking for an alternative solution for an internal tool coded in Java. The internal tool needed an edit component, and I discovered Scintilla (which allows me to develop in C++) on the Internet. I began my conception and development on this project.

In the mean time, the company where I worked began to use a new development environment, and a property language as well, to re-develop all internal tools. All the developers were forced to use this unstable and uncomfortable IDE and the incoherent property language. This project was unfortunately abandoned (or on the contrary?).

As a C++/Java developer, I decided to continue the project in my spare time. The prototype of project was already done, I removed the components which depend on the specification of the abandoned project - It made a generic code editor. Then I made it available on sourceforge : that's the beginning of Notepad++.

Time moves on, and I continue to improve Notepad++. Two things make me continue this project : my need to work on a coherent project by using my beloved language C++ and the encouragement from Notepad++ users. So you asked me "Why another source editor", the answer that I can give you is : "Why not? Since I enjoy myself doing it."

How to install :

From the installer :

    Just follow the install wizard.

From the zip :

    just unzip all the files into a directory you want then launch it.    

Project web sites :

Notepad++ official site :

    http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/    

    Here you can find all the informations about Notepad++, such as FAQ/tutorial, plugins/extension download, news, shops, etc...

Notepad++ project site :

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

    It is Notepad++ project site. The source codes and binaries are distributed here. You can do your feature requests or bug reports by using the trackers, you can ask your question regarding Notepad++ in the divers forums as well.

Don HO don.h@free.fr

DOWNLOAD

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Jangan sia-siakan form komentar ini hanya untuk dipandangi saja. Tinggalkan jejak Anda
Terima kasih atas komentarnya

ttd

Admin